• 245 academic programs offered at WMU (142 undergraduate, 103 graduate)
• Dynamic, student-centered research university with an enrollment of about 25,000
• WMU enrolls over 1,800 international students from more than 100 countries
• Ranked as one of the nation’s top- 100 public universities (U.S. News & World Report)
• 1 hour from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan
• 350 registered student organizations
• 185,000 alumni living worldwide
Since its founding in 1975, CELCIS has become an international leader in preparing students for academic and professional success through traditional and short-term English as a second language programs at WMU. Studying in the CELCIS program will give you the academic knowledge you need to succeed when you enter a degree program, or in your workplace. A full menu of cultural, recreational and volunteer opportunities are hosted by the program year round, which can help you practice what you have learned in the classroom.
Along with our highly experienced faculty and staff, I invite you to come to Kalamazoo to improve your English, to develop a fuller understanding of America’s diverse cultural mix and to discover the excitement of being a Bronco!
Thomas Marks, CELCIS Director
Western Michigan University
6 PROFICIENCY LEVELS:
• Optimal class sizes (about 12- 16 students)
• Experienced instructors
• Language Lab - Students can receive guided instruction in pronunciation, reading, grammar, vocabulary, TOEFL, etc.
10 to 10:50 a.m. Grammar/Communication
11 to 12:50 p.m. Reading/Writing I (first half of semester)
11 to 12:50 p.m. Reading/Writing II (second half of semester)
See a CELCIS brochure in your language!
Click on a link below
CONVERSATION CIRCLES PROGRAM
STUDENT RECREATION CENTER
Indoor Climbing Wall • Indoor Cycling Studio
Fitness Testing Lab • Multipurpose Courts
Racquetball Courts • Squash Court
Swirl Pool • Indoor Tennis Courts • Weight Room
SINDECUSE HEALTH CENTER
WMU Apartments: A great way to enjoy apartment living while experiencing all the conveniences that come with living on campus
Homestay: Opportunities in the Kalamazoo area for students interested in living with a host family and practicing English
Check out the wide menu!
Free airport pickup for new students arriving at the Kalamazoo/ Battle Creek International Airport
Daily trains from Kalamazoo to Chicago and Detroit
• Complete an online application
• $100 application fee
• Statement of Finances (minimum of $10,000 each semester)
• Copy of passport identification page
• High school or university transcripts (in English)
• If you are already in the United States at another school you must also submit a completed transfer-in form
SEND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Ellsworth Hall, Fourth Floor
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5246 USA
CELCIS students are eligible to apply for conditional admission for many undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
DATES AND COSTS
Spring semester (January to April) – November 1 Deadline
Summer semester (May to August) – March 1 Deadline
2017-18 ESTIMATED COSTS PER SEMESTER
|Application fee||Tuition||Student fees||Books||Residence hall (with food)||Internet Fee (students living on campus)||Hospital/medical insurance||Personal expenses||Total|